The center’s obs/gynaecologists specialize in dealing with the care of all women’s reproductive tracts and their children during pregnancy (prenatal period), childbirth and the postnatal period.
The main conditions dealt with by our gynaecologists are:
- Cancer and pre-cancerous diseases of the reproductive organs including ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, vagina, and vulva
- Incontinence of urine
- Amenorrhoea (absent menstrual periods)
- Dysmenorrhoea (painful menstrual periods)
- Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual periods); a common indication forhysterectomy
- Prolapse of pelvic organs
- Infections of the vagina (vaginitis), cervix and uterus (including fungal,bacterial, viral, and protozoal)The gynecology clinic provides a broad range of expertise to meet the needs of women with complex conditions.All the gynaecological issues are attended in this clinic by a senior gynaecologist.