The centre provides expert surgical assistance for the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of general and thoracic surgical disorders for children of all ages.
Our service covers the surgical needs of children of all age groups for care with congenital malformations, endocrine disorders, tumors, injuries and various acquired conditions, including:
- surgery and related endoscopy of the head and neck, thorax, abdomen and extremities;
- tumors, benign and malignant, at any site except the central nervous system;
- all thoracic surgery except cardiac operations;
- vascular surgery;
- gastrointestinal, hepatic and splenic surgery;
- some urologic and gynecologic surgery; and
- anomalies of the inguinal canal including hernias and undescended testes.
Common diagnoses include inguinal hernias, umbilical hernias, undescended testes, pyloric stenosis and appendicitis.